WordPress Web Developer
Posted 10th March 2022
Reporting to: Head of Digital
Who We Are
We are a full-service creative, design and digital advertising agency based in Oxfordshire. We have recently celebrated 34 years in business and recently opened our second office in the heart of Dubai, UAE. We work with a vast array of clients, from aspiring start-ups to international brands across a wide range of sectors.
Digital is at the core of everything we and our clients do. We are looking for a talented and creative WordPress Developer to join our in-house team. Working alongside our digital team, the successful candidate will assist us in enhancing our digital propositions and services we offer our clients.
You will work collaboratively to create visually appealing WordPress websites throughout all stages of the process. Including setup, configuration, front and backend development and launch. It would be beneficial if you could also create the initial website design concepts, although not essential. You will have a strong grasp of security principles, HTML and CSS, along with a good understanding of DNS management and core SEO principles.
You will have a passion for all new digital technologies and will display a portfolio of projects that clearly demonstrate your skills, capabilities and previous experience of web design.
- Design, develop, deliver and maintain captivating, results driven websites.
- Develop an easy to use, customized WordPress CMS experience.
- Produce visually impactful websites that have SEO and lead generation in mind.
- Update and maintain existing client websites.
- Monitor and report on website performance.
- Work collaboratively with our in-house digital, graphic design and account management teams to effectively communicate with clients and manage projects.
- Attend meetings with existing and potential clients to discuss website development projects.
- Testing and supporting existing and new solutions.
- Stay up to date with current trends and new technologies with a desire to push the boundaries.
- Experience in WordPress website development.
- Experience of reporting on website performance.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of DNS management.
- Understanding of core SEO principles.
- Good working knowledge of web and mobile UI/UX best practices.
- Organised approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to take ownership of projects.
- Confident in communicating with internal teams and clients.
- E-Commerce experience.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Hosting environment knowledge.
- Full UK driving license.
- This is a full time, permanent position, hours are:
- 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Wednesday
- 9.00am – 5.00pm Thursday – Friday
- 1 hour lunch.
- Additional hours maybe required depending on client requirements.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus UK Bank Holidays. (3 holiday days are required to be taken between Christmas and New Year)
- Company healthcare scheme
- Pension scheme
- Annual bonus based on company profit
- Personal development and career growth
- Regular social events
- Modern agency environment
- Excellent location with ample parking
All subject to completion of a successful 6-month probationary period and terms and conditions of employment contract.
Competitive depending on experience
Please email your CV and covering letter to Ben Grove, Head of Digital at [email protected]